Performs specialized complex clerical and administrative assignments related to office operations and engineering programs. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing the company's general administrative activities.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Provides administrative support to the Management Team.
- Types, files, records, computes and maintains confidential and privileged information related to business office operations and engineering services.
- Composes routine emails and correspondence.
- Coordinates airline, hotel, and other travel arrangements as needed.
- Coordinates meetings – schedules rooms, sets up, prepares hand-outs.
- Assists as needed in researching information that requires interpretive judgment.
- Answers the phone, screens inquiries, takes accurate messages, and schedules appointments.
- Directs client inquiries, complaints, and concerns to appropriately persons.
- Supports the daily office functions including mail distribution, pickup and delivery.
- Orders and/or shops for business office supplies and equipment; tracks receipts and purchases.
- Maintains company key control – issues keys, tracks and maintains key log, duplicates keys, ensures one set of all keys is always included in main lock box.
- Assists other office personnel in support of company operations.
- Copies and scans for engineering jobs as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- AA degree in Computer and Office Technologies preferred.
- Previous warehousing or inventory management experience preferred but not necessary.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as printers and fax machines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Systems.
- Ability to handle confidential documentation in professional manner and distribute to correct parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.