The Controller with assistance on all financial-related operations of the company including the preparation of financial statements, as well as regular monthly financial statement closes. This role is responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up proper financial systems.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Perform maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk.
- Report the Company’s financial results in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes including closing journal entries.
- Perform or review various general ledger account reconciliations.
- Contribute to the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly consolidated financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance; Work with external auditors to manage compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Ad hoc Controller duties and projects as necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- Proven working experience as financial professional in a supervisory role.
- 6+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and internal control procedures.
- Up-to-date knowledge of accounting laws and regulations.
- Experience with Dynamics ERP system preferred but not necessary.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills and passion for finding solutions to complex problems.
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.