As directed by the customer, travel to completed or partially completed construction locations to inspect the installation of substructure, cable or new equipment with the intention of identifying deviations and driving to resolution. This position works as a temporary vendor contractor, on premise of a CHC Consulting client.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Inspection and verification to assure work performed by contractor(s) meets work print, specifications, quality standards, and adheres to the construction schedule and work assignment completion dates.
- Unit inventory and placement.
- Review work prints; and based on field conditions determine if what was engineered was built.
- Provide results using redline drawings, daily inspection notes, weekly progress reports.
- Field and inspect any customer complaints and report back possible resolutions.
- Provide any documentation required for the cost-effective placement of communications facilities as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid driver’s license and ability to accommodate travel in personal vehicle.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in Excel – pivot tables, vlookup, setting up tables and other basic functions.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- *NOTE: This position works directly from the office of a CHC Consulting client.
- Field work is required. Travel to job site(s) in personal vehicle required.
- Other travel may be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time.
- OK with confined spaces.
- Tolerant to extreme elements (heat, sun, wind, rain, snow, etc.).
- Good vision and depth perception (corrective lenses OK).
- Able to sit and drive for extended periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.