The Quality Control Inspector is excepted to travel to completed or partially completed construction locations to inspect the installation of substructure, cable or new equipment with the intention of identifying deviations and driving to resolution.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Performs complete inspection of all tasks as outlined on the Metronet work request by measuring dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments to ensure compliance with Kentucky Wired specifications.
- Inspect and verify job site to assure work performed by contractor(s) meets work print, specifications, quality standards, and adheres to the construction schedule and work assignment completion dates.
- Conduct unit inventory and placement.
- Review work prints; and based on field conditions determine if what was engineered was built.
- Provide results using redline drawings, daily inspection notes, weekly progress reports.
- Field and inspect any customer complaints and report back possible resolutions.
- Report quality problems or problematic findings to Project Manager and follow up to ensure corrective action has/will take place.
- Maintain records of inspection and prepare Contractor Job Quality Report, listing any deviations from the Work Request and ensure that the prints accurately reflect the work performed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to accommodate travel in personal vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in interpreting engineering prints.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Basic algebraic mathematic skills required.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- Daily travel to job site(s) in personal vehicle required.
- Able to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time.
- OK with confined spaces.
- Tolerant to extreme elements (heat, sun, wind, rain, snow, etc).
- Good vision and depth perception (corrective lenses OK).
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Able to sit and drive for extended periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.