The OSP Construction Manager position is responsible for directing and overseeing OSP/ISP Construction. This position is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations and all related activity in their assigned field.
- Oversee, track, and report the progress and quality of work being performed by Construction Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
- Manage, oversee, and supervise Project activities at all stages and through completion.
- Consult with Client to determine functional and spatial requirements relative to construction metrics, including but not limited to: scheduling, budget, project management, materials management, invoicing, and reporting.
- Review and manage overall Project scope, contracts, budgets, and schedules.
- Ensure Client needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Compare and approve for accuracy and quality Contractor and Sub-Contractor invoices against completed work.
- Manage relationships with project Contractors and Sub-Contractors to effectively plan, manage, and evaluate construction activities.
- Closely monitor Project relative to progress, trends, and risks; adjust and mitigate accordingly to ensure Construction timelines are met.
- Ensure Client and Stakeholders are accurately and regularly informed as to Project status.
- Effectively communicate issues relative to improving field processes with Client, Sub-Contractors, and Stakeholders.
- Complete supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Client policies and applicable laws.
- Support the interviewing, hiring, and training of new and current employees.
- Plan, assign, and direct employee work assignments.
- Evaluate employee performance, including regular formal reviews.
- Coach and incentivize employee performance.
- Address employee concerns and resolve problems with Human Resources.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with OSP Cable Construction.
- Previous experience leading construction crews on Aerial and Underground fiber construction.
- Education in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent experience in OSP Cable Construction. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office/Google Suite and Google Earth.
- Strong knowledge of Telecom construction, engineering, scheduling, cost reporting and field operations.
- Occasional travel relative to training and client communications may be required.
This job description outlines primary but not exclusive duties to be performed by the individual occupying this Position. Employees are required to follow all job-related instructions and to perform duties as requested by the Supervisor.