OSP Engineer to provide onsite support at Google’s Charlotte, NC office. You will use internal GIS software for design and drafting of fiber optic applications to be constructed in the field. You will provide high quality OSP fiber designs with most efficient path analysis and cost effectiveness, provide OSP fielding in support of design engineering, as well as provide QA/QC services for As-Built/Design.
- Provide administrative and design support to the outside plant provisioning process and be familiar with various outside plant engineering concepts for the placement of fiber optic cable and terminals.
- Work with a remote team of engineers to produce high quality construction packages at a cost effective production rate.
- Self-manage Fiber to the Home designs and drafting while working in various software systems.
- Required to meet strict customer deadlines.
- Produce quality work as defined by the Quality Control Department
- Unwavering Customer satisfaction based on communication and quality of work
- Motivated self-starter with a passion and drive to start and complete projects
- Experience and understanding of outside plant construction techniques
- Knowledge of fiber networking, routing, and network management
- Exceptional service orientation – experience in providing customer service and support that exceeds the expectations of internal and external clients
- Experience with project management processes, tools, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with reproducible results
- Great communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent problem solving and trouble resolution abilities
- Attention to detail
- Fiber PON
- GIS Software
- Google Docs
SPECIAL DEMANDS (SOFT SKILLS)
- Customer service oriented attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Must have an interest in continued learning in OSP Design
- Identify new opportunities with the client