The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing general bookkeeping, maintaining financial reports, and preparing and analyzing budgets.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Month-End Close Process
- Analysis of Balance Sheet and Income Statement Accounts
- Maintenance of financials according to GAAP
- Preparation of Journal Entries
- Account Reconciliations
- Financial Analysis
- Establish and monitor Internal Controls
- Corporate Tax
- Gathering of information and communications for preparation of corporate tax returns with outside tax accounting firms.
- Accounts Payable
- Daily Review and Entry of Vendor Invoices
- Weekly Payment Processing
- Accounts Receivable
- Daily Recording of Customer Payments
- Create Client Invoices
- Monthly Preparation of Operational Revenue to Accounting System
- Fixed / Prepaid Assets
- Identify Fixed and Prepaid Assets based on corporate policy
- Fixed Asset tracking
- Corporate Contracts Support
- Maintains database of all Contracts and MSA’s for the corporation
- Maintains original file records of all contracts and MSA’s for the corporation
- Distributes new contracts and MSA’s to others for various compliance reviews as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree Finance or Accounting.
- 2+ years public accounting experience (preferably national size firm)
- 2+ years professional office experience
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Construction experience preferred
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.